Thursday, November 02, 2006

Every 10 years

Every ten years you're supposed to get a new bed, right? Or was it 7? Not sure but it was coming up on 10 years with my faithful, good quality bed and it was the perfect excuse to get a brand-spanking newTempur-Pedic memory foam bed! I've got a friend that owns a bed store that sells 'em and I've talking about it for a few years. TODAY was the day!!

Spending a bunch of money on a bed is a guilt-free experience 'cause the darn thing is going to last at least a decade, and a good quality bed saves me from oh-so-many neck spasms which leads to chiro's and massueses and headeaches and painkillers.

I'm very excited but also nervous about the first few nights in a new bed. It can be hard to get used to a new bed, even when it's a good one. The interesting thing about the foam beds in that you need to WALK on them to break down the "starch" (I'm not kidding). My son and I did this today. Who knew I was going to get a quad work-out too!!! (Imagine trying to make footprints in damp sand).

And to prove how very excited I am, I woke up at 6am today and started preparing my room for the new bed!! I had to clean underneath the bed, and vacuum up all those nasty little dust bunnies that give me nasty little colds. I also decided it was a good time to move some stuff around in my room and that involved a whole lotta' cleaning.

To be continued........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing about you moving and cleaning, my dear. The last time I remember you getting excited about cleaning at my house was the 25th surprise Anniversary Party for Bill and I. You are just toooooooooooooooooo cute. How is the bed. Love Sandy