Friday, November 17, 2006

DAY 17............will it post?

Dear wireless router,
I am visiting your house for the next few days. I hope you will be kind to me so I can continue to do the NaBloPoMo thing this month. I've somehow managed to post EVERY day and it would be so disappointing to stop now.

I'm going to post to you now and then continue writing so I can stop holding my breath.

Whew........it worked. DAY 17 is safe. I so appreciate your cooperation! I can continue breathing.

I've come to visit my sister (your owner) this weekend. You've always been there for me but I was still a bit nervous being out of town during the NaBloPoMo contest. I've read a few other NaBlo blogs during my adventures on the randomizer and there are tales of out of town visits with dial-up only. OMG. Can you believe some people still have that old system?! Well........yes........we should have compassion for them. Not everyone is as lucky as us to have wireless routers like you.

Anyway, thank you for being there for me. I'm listening to the quiet of the ranch right now. The stillness is quite loud actually. Have you ever noticed that? Yes.....I suppose some of that noise may be the traffic on HWY 154. I'm just happy that the Peahen (that's a female Peacock) is not making that screeching sound. Apparently I'm sitting in her spot on the patio and last time I was here she freaked out and circled the house making the most horrible sounds.

I must warn you I'm going to NAME DROP now. It's not often (or ever) that I get to do that so I'm feeling the need to take the opportunity now. ELLEN DEGENERES is selling her ranch next door (meaning a 10 min walk from door to door). She's been talking about it on her show, so it's not a secret anymore. She even showed a tour of her house (last week I think) on her show. Interesting place and a crazy amount of remodel in her 2 1/2 yr residence. I guess it would have been 2 yrs ago this month that I met her here at the ranch. My dad and son and I saw her and Portia walking right up the driveway. She was quite neighborly and mostly had a million questions about the horse thing; do they need those blankets at night if they're not in the barn, how come some horses get to stay in the barn while others are outside? I'm sure they learned a lot about horses and I hope Portia gets to continue riding. She was so excited about it. It was nice to meet them for a few hours that day because I found out she IS as funny as she is on TV. She's got a quick wit and seemed to be constantly thinking up her daily monologue. I wasn't surprised about this, nor was I surprised when I heard she is constantly working and rarely sits down. It seems the ranch life here is probably too quiet and remote and the security is nonexistent.
Yes.......yes.......router..........I agree, it's a quiet life here (YES.........I'm still talking to the damn router). I'm more of a town girl myself, but it's great place to visit!!

No comments: