Tuesday, November 07, 2006

conversations

Earlier this evening.............
"Mommy? Come throw the ball with me."
"I'm doing my hair and it's almost your bedtime".
"You never play with me anymore. "
It's not the first time my son has said this to me lately. My heart actually hurts when he says this to me.
Later..........
"Get in bed. Light on or off?"
"Either way"
"Sweet dreams and............I'll play basketball with you tomorrow. K?"
"K"
"Now make mommy happy and go to sleep".
Guilt works both ways.

A few days ago, with the other guy in my life.........
"I like your hair better red"
"I knew you'd hate it"
"I didn't say that"
"It'll lighten as I wash it"
"I can't call you strawberry shortcake anymore"
"How 'bout blackberry shortcake?"
"How 'bout chocolate souffle?"

This morning, IMing with my lunch date............
"Did I tell you I colored my hair brown?"
"Good thing you told me so I can recognize you."
Later at lunch...........
"I miss your red hair"
"I know, I know. I asked to have highlights on top. I gotta get it fixed."
"He can't call you shortcake anymore"
"OMG, that's what he said!"

And one more conversation with "the other guy in my life"................
"You're X-wife and I look alike"
"What? No you don't"
"Yes we do"
"NO. YOU. DON'T."
"ya huh"
"na huh"
"She's got light, freckly skin and her hair color is like the color mine was 2 days ago. We look alike"
"Quit saying that"
"just sayin' "
"You better quit sayin' 'cause you're gonna lose weekend visitation rights with your bed"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BY THE WAY I LOVE YOU RED, COULDN'T BE MINE IF YOU WEREN'T THAT BLOG WAS TOOOOOOOOOOOFUNNNY

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

Well I've got mostly brown right now but the red's hiding underneath.

So glad you found my post funny!!