Wednesday, February 15, 2006

it started underground


it started underground
Originally uploaded by emdot.

Cool pic and even cooler title ("it started underground"). Emdot strikes again!
My day started as all days start; UNDER THE SHEETS. It's warm and lovely and so very, very difficult to leave. But after hitting the *snooze* a few times, I got up to make sure my munchkin was waking up. He was sleeping on the top bunk of his new jungle gym.......um, I mean....bunk bed, so he can't reach his alarm clock. He was actually still sleeping, which is unusual, but after a 3 day weekend what can you expect.

I changed outfits (or metaphorically, “hats”) 5 times today. FIRST, I wore a sweats ensemble for the driving-the-kid-to-school and working-at-home-bookkeeping gig. I tried once again to figure out the “box-o’-receipts” from one client that typifies the worst-kind-of-I’ve-avoided-for-20yrs-bookkeeping job. After an hour or so of frustration, I switched to another bookkeeping job, Insomniac Video (my first official HB&C client). Whew……..much better!! Dream-job-handed-to-me-on-a-silver-platter-by-good-friend-slash-organized-bookkeeper.

NEXT, I changed into a red shirt and jeans outfit for my son’s valentine’s party at school. I was the only parent who showed and boy was I proud of my frosting and MnM’s for cookie decorating project! YUM.

AFTER which I rushed home to shower off the frosting and change into my see-a-bookkeeping-client attire, which always includes navy blue (it’s a nerdy actg thing). I was over dressed for the munchkin’s basketball practice but hey.........

And just when I think my laundry basket is full, I changed into a sleep-shirt for the putting-the-kid-to-bed hour. (I somehow think that’s going to fool him into thinking I too am going to sleep).

And NOW I sit here in my sweats and slippers get-up for the blogging portion of the evening, and am ready to crawl back under the warm and lovely SHEETS.

No comments: