Tuesday, January 09, 2007

downloading

So I pick up the TV Guide at the grocery store tonight 'cause there are just too many shows to keep track of and I feel like I'm missing something. I read that I can DOWNLOAD recent episodes of my favorite shows on iTunes. Yippee for me. I missed The Office and Grey's Anatomy last week 'cause of a stupid power surge that left my cable box turned off for days until I noticed it. (Ignoring my TV for days is the beauty of TiVo after all).

I go to iTunes. I find Grey's Anatomy. I must download the latest version of iTunes. OK. I can do that. Ohhhh.......it's gonna take 12 minutes. Uggh. Well, it's early.......I can still do that and have time at least part of the show. Only "download" turns into:
Download
Run
Accept
Shut down iTunes and retry
Restart computer
Login to iTunes
Accept

Um.......OK.......I think that was 20 or 30 minutes.

Find Grey's Anatomy again. Purchase for $1.99. Not a bad price.

Ohhhh.........look.....my iTunes menu has changed and I have all these movie and podcast possibilities.

Um.......wait........did that just say my Grey's Anatomy download has FOUR hours remaining. Well shit.............who knew. I guess I'm leaving my laptop running all night. Wait.......did it just change to FIVE hours remaining and it's 50 MB. OMG. How do I put my iTunes stuff on my external hard drive.

I probably coulda' watched it on youtube.com like I did Weeds. Sheeshhhh..........

No comments: