Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"Doing the Unstuck"

First let's re-read my Nov. 30th post. My Horoscope for Dec 1 said: Listen to the song "Doing the Unstuck" by The Cure. Brezsny said listen to this song and maybe it will help you get out of the rut you're in.
Well I didn't listen to the song; and still haven't but I will. I actually didn't need the song because I had already set the subconscious wheels in motion. My heart and soul needed OUT of my job and THUS IT WAS SO. I was *let go* of my job. OH MY.

At first I was shocked and saddened and frightened. I'm a bit of a pro at this but still.............it feels like getting thrown out of a moving vehicle. Your traveling along, chatting with your carpool buddies, listening to some tunes.......................and then YOUR NOT. You've hit the pavement and it stings a bit. But as always I stood up and dusted myself off and patched up my scrapes and took a look around. There's a big 'ole beautiful world going on outside that vehicle.

The song says:
It's a perfect day for letting go

And so I did.

I know I have surprised people when I am so happy after a life-changing event, like losing my job or getting divorced. It's not something I WORK at..............really. Truth is I thrive on change. Considering new possibilities (trying them on for size) is liberating and fun. And let's face it; sitting around in my pj's and having hours and hours to myself is just plain FABULOUS. I've been employed since my son started school (he started Kindergarten 3 months after I started my most recent employment) ,so for the first time in 8 years, I've got this HUGE space of time while he's in school ALL TO MYSELF.

I get to sleep in tomorrow 'cause my baby's daddy can take our son to school. Yipeee. But getting up early the last few days as been fine too 'cause all I had to do was get him ready for school and throw on some sweats. I even ventured to the gym...........twice............in my sweats. LOVE THAT.

No comments: