Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Warning: singing loudly or dancing without a beat

Warning: I may sing liberation songs very loudly and dance like I can't hear the beat.


Capricorn Horoscope for week of December 1, 2005
You might want to listen to "Doing the Unstuck," a song by The Cure. It could prod you to do what you know you should, which is expel yourself forcibly from the rut you're lodged in. "It's a perfect day for letting go/ for setting fire to bridges," the lyrics advise, "for rip-zipping and button-popping/ for dancing like you can't hear the beat." Maybe some of you are protesting, "But I want to use logic to think my way out of this jam." Here's what I have to say in response: You probably won't get unstuck with your rational mind alone, which is why you should do irrationally constructive things like singing liberation songs very loudly.

No comments: