Sunday, November 06, 2005

NUMBERS

Loved the movie Prime.
Great performances by Meryl Streep, Uma Thurman, & yummy Bryan Greenberg.
__________________________________________________________

Movies seen this year: 87

Books read this year: 14

I've always wanted to keep track of this shit! I've never done it and it gives me a little thrill to have finally done it. Call me weird!

I actually created a SPREADSHEET with the Title, Author, & description for every book I've read this year. Call me a geek!

Mostly I read whatever Top 10 book that looks interesting and/or entertaining.
I read a little bit EVERY night before I go to sleep so I don't go thru them quickly, but I CAN'T go to sleep without my fix!!!

The movies have been more difficult to keep track of 'cause I forget quickly but Blockbuster Online helps me. My 2 X's (from 18-24 & 25-35 yrs old) have great memories for that kind of stuff and I totally relied on their memory as my own. Now I keep a spreadsheet!

The crazy thing is that the longer I crunch numbers for a living, the less I do it at home. I struggle to get my bills paid on time and I've totally given up on keeping my paperwork organized; I've got piles in every corner of my homestead.

Last 10 movies:
Corpse Bride
In Her Shoes
Assasination of Nixon
Everlasting Secret Family
After the Sunset
Spanglish
Coach Carter
Anchorman
Taxi
Prime

Last 5 books:
Kill & Tell
White Hot
Payback
Rainbow Boys
Otherwise Engaged

And let us not forget MUSIC...................
Songs on my iPod: 1099
Last 5 downloads:
Santana - All That I Am
Sheryl Crow - Wildflower
Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings & Food
Alicia Keys - Unplugged
Chris Isaak - Always Got Tonight

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to compile a database of the past, I'll have NO trouble reminding you of the many stinkers you dragged me to. "Spies Like Us", "Staying Alive" and "Bright Lights, Big City" come leaping immediately to mind.

However and to your credit, I wouldn't have gone within a mile of "The Big Chill" if not for you, and now it's one of my all-time favorites. Lester's, too... and she wouldn't watch it until I damn near fed it to her.

So, off the top of my head, your record is 1-4. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry -- 1-3.

Leslie Wilson Corsbie said...

So you only remember the "stinkers"? Jeez. I'd like to forget all but The Big Chill (still one of my top 5). Bright Lights was actually a good book but a forgettable movie. I bet you could remember all the concerts we went to, huh?!