Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ellen offered me a "leg up"

I'm still not sure how this happened but this weekend I found myself wandering my sister's ranch with my sister and Ellen and Portia (DeGeneres of course and there's only one Portia, right?).


They bought the ranch next door to my sister's this summer. They came over for a visit this weekend. My dad and son and I were the only one's there with my sis and her hubby and we had a very casual, low-key tour of the ranch. I had a major cold and a need-to-wash-my-hair look. But what the hell; I didn't take out my camera on purpose and certainly didn't want a picture of myself.

I have no idea what we talked about. I think we discussed the beautiful weather. Basically we followed my sister and Portia around while they talked about horses.

Then we met my sister's new horse, Bridget. I was quite taken with her. Ellen put out her hands so I could get on her but I didn't. Why? I dunno. It didn't seem like a good idea since we didn't have a halter or bridal. I did however ride her the next day............with a bridal and stirups and all that good stuff that enables you to stay ON a horse.

This horse is quite stunning! She's part Belgian Draft and part Persheron Draft; which means she's a big gal. And yet she's the most feminine horse I've ever met, with long red eyelashes and a fluffy blonde mane. Or maybe it's the way she seems to talk in a whisper.

No comments: