Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dreams

I recently found this site about dream interpretation. It's a simplistic way to analyze your dreams but hey........you're not paying $100/hr either.

What I learned from paying therapy rates for dream analysis is that your dreams are NEVER to be taken literally. For example, if you're dreaming about giving birth, it's probably about "giving birth" to a new idea or phase in your life.

And for those of you who say, "I don't dream"..........STOP IT. You do too.

I started keeping a pad of paper and pen by my bed and although I resist at first, it soon becomes a habit (like visiting the bathroom in the middle of night and being only half awake).

So first you put the paper and pen close by. Then you write a few words; places, feelings, people. Don't try to write complete sentences or long stories (I swear you won't be graded).

The other night, I wrote, "Ballou kind of bear with music. powerful. little scary." I don't really remember the dream now (I didn't want to wake myself up enough to write more). But when I looked up BEAR, on my new favorite website, it said this:
To dream that you are being pursued or attacked by a bear, denotes aggression, overwhelming obstacles and competition. You may find yourself in a threatening situation. Alternatively, bears symbolize the cycle of life and death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open.

mmmmm.........interesting.

Another night I wrote this, "ship broke in 3 parts. i'm in middle. children on one side. parents on the other. "
Dreammoods.com said this about SHIP:
To see a ship in your dream, denotes that you are exploring aspects of your emotions and unconscious mind. The state and condition of the ship is indicative of your emotional state. If it is a cruise ship, then it suggests pleasant moods. If it is a warship, then you are experiencing feelings of aggression.
To dream that you are sailing the high seas in a ship, denotes that you are standing tall in times emotional turmoil.
To dream that a ship crashed or is sinking, suggests that some aspect of your life is out of control. You are expressing some fear or uncertainly within your emotional state. You are afraid of losing something close to you because of certain difficulties.


mmmmmm...........VERY interesting............

Then there's the night I wrote, "walking on stilts".
To dream that you are walking on stilts, indicates that you are feeling insecure. A situation or relationship is unstable. You are doing your best trying to balance various aspects of your life.

WELL............there you go. All that and I didn't even write a check.

No comments: