Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's ALL about the hair

Thus begins the TAKE-OVER of my real hair.

It's ALL about the hair
Originally uploaded by Heather's Shot.

6 months of curly, thick, coarse, frizz growth. The bi-annual $400 chemical CHI straightening is not in my budget these days, so I am becoming reaquainted with my curly roots.

This $200 CHI flat iron is my SALVATION. There are no words to accurately describe the LOVE I feel for this product.

Back in the 90's when I managed to grow all my layers out (except my bangs of course, which is a whole 'nother topic), I had some cute little curls, which could only be seen when I pulled the top layer back in a pony tail. The top layer, which is the equivalent of two heads of hair, is the lovely stuff I call "the frizz" and would expand to fit this frame if I had let it.

So after all these years I have tamed this. My mother tried with a variety of not-so-cool do's. And I tried this. But in the end it was one hot, 175 degree, mother-f&*%ing, cuticle-sealing, negative ion tool that provided the CURE.

And not only am I grateful for the magical CHI flat iron (maybe I can be their spokesperson), but there are two laides I MUST THANK. First.......I'd like to thank the Academy...........oh no.......wrong speech. Seriously, I will be forever indebted to my dear friend Tawna who begged me for 3 yrs to grow it out after the cutting-it-all-off phase in 2000. The growing-out phase was NOT pretty but we all survived somehow. And THEN my sister, Vikki, had the nerve to ask me to JUST TRY the flat iron that she herself had used for years. It took some practice and lots of patience. And who knew hair grew so fast when it's straight!! I may eventually do the chemical thing again but in the meantime I can enjoy a curly kink or two 'cause I've got THE CURE.

No comments: