Thursday, August 31, 2006

How does Brezsny know? This week's horoscope is particularly foreshadowing. I always find him insightful but he seems to have a crystal ball this week.

Capricorn Horoscope for week of August 31, 2006
If you were at the Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert right now, you might be racing your souped-up tricycle through a miniature golf course-style maze while dressed in a superhero costume, after which you'd enjoy a sushi dinner served on the naked belly of a good-looking clown. Or maybe you'd be exploring the benefits of a short duration marriage to a temporary soulmate selected for you by a seven-year-old girl deity sitting on a neon green plastic throne surrounded by a circle of flame. Since you're probably not at Burning Man, however, you've got to find other ways to carry out your astrological mandate, which is to enjoy semi-crazy acts of liberation you'd normally never try.

I must say that I've been tempted to partake in Burning Man a few times but have not stepped off that particular cliff yet. 20 years ago I would have done it in a heartbeat. Since then I have mostly settled into a comfortable zone of mature, responsible, boring behavior. BUT I am seriously regressing every year (Capricorn's are known for this behavior which further supports my belief in astrology). I figure I'm somewhere in my mid 20's now and will be READY for Burning Man in a few more years.

In the meantime, I am off to my sister's ranch to try "semi-crazy acts of liberation". It won't be hard seeing as I'm joining at least 30 friends and family for the Labor Day craziness that only the ranch can provide. Drinks and no driving. Backyard pool fun (my sister's yellow lab let's us use her pool as long as we throw the ball for her...........constantly). Quad running without valley tourists. Hiking acreage in hopes of spotting deer and wild turkeys but not mountain lions. Driving the mule with a wine cooler in my lap (the kind of mule that has 4 wheel drive) to the river for kayaking and skipping rocks. Bonfires and smores. The opportunity for "semi-crazy acts of liberation" are endless!!

No comments: